We only keep information that is necessary to comply with current legislation and provide our program participants with services related to their exchange program and host family/school placement, invoicing, sending relevant program information and documentation and sending participant information to our overseas partner offices. This information is:
- Family Name and Given Name(s)
- Date and place of birth
- Email address
- Phone number
- Name, City and Current grade level of participant’s high school
The collection of personal data is done in one of the following ways:
- Via the website, where you enter personal data in an online form.
- By telephone contact; your data is transferred to ASSE’s database by the staff
- Via email contact; your data is transferred to ASSE’s database by the staff
We store your data in accordance with applicable laws. In line with the Accounting Act §10, we store the personal data for 5 years, calculated from the end of the relevant financial year in which the program was completed.
Only trusted employees who have a professional reason have access to all or part of the stored personal data. These are:
- Administrative staff and student advisors who are responsible for the administration of ASSE’s programs, including enrollment, applications and invoicing.
- ASSE’s overseas partner offices who are responsible for the placement and support of students during the program year
In order to process payments, we only disclose information that is essential for completing the payment and identifying the payer.
All data collected in digital form is stored in ASSE’s databank by Google Cloud Service.
Only trusted employees and technical partners with whom a data processing agreement has been made have limited access to data and only to the extent necessary for providing a good service.
Any personal data that is received via e-mail is stored on Office 365 Cloud, which is covered by Microsoft’s current guarantee for data security.
- The pages have been visited and when.
- The visitor’s IP address.
- Location in the country and which country visitors come from.
- The language used by the visitor’s computer.
- The browser and OS used by visitors.
- The keywords visitors have used to generate content.
- The page visitors have just come from (external and internal links).
- The links visitors have clicked on.
Visitors on our website indicate their acceptance of these statistics cookies. If you turn cookies off in your browser, you will still be able to use our website.
Instructions on how to delete or block cookies are usually found in your browser’s help file.
If you use one of our IT services that require a login, your actions will be registered in our log files. This registration is in accordance with current legal requirements regarding the registration of activities in IT systems in order to prevent misuse and hacking. These digital trails are stored for a maximum of 5 years in accordance with the agreement with our data processors.
In accordance with the applicable legislation, everyone is guaranteed the following rights:
- The right to access your personal data (right of access). You have the right to be informed about what sort of information we are processing as well as any printouts or copies of the collected information that may have been made.
- The right to have incorrect personal information corrected (right of rectification). If you believe that any information we have is incorrect, inaccurate or inadequate, you may request the information to be corrected.
- The right to have your personal information deleted (the right to be forgotten). If you believe that the information we have is not necessary for the purpose for which they were originally collected, you may request that the information be deleted. Please be aware, however, that we have a duty and the right to store certain personal data in order to comply with the rules of the law.
- The right to move your personal data (data transferability). You have the right to receive information about yourself in a structured, commonly-used and machine-readable format, and you have the right to transfer this information to another company.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to the use of personal data for, amongst others, direct marketing and profiling. However, we do not use profiling, while any marketing will always be preceded by explicit consent.
If you contact ASSE regarding one of the above points, within one month, you will be notified about what we intend to do with regards to your inquiry. For example, if you request your information to be corrected or deleted, we will usually check that all the relevant conditions have been met, including whether there is a legal basis for the continued processing of data. If we conclude that the objection is justified, we will comply with the request.
For enrolments, invoicing and bookkeeping, we do not need to obtain consent to process data as its legality (See Article 6, EU Data Act) is derived from the necessity of processing data to be able to fulfil the contract.
However, in order to collect personal data for other purposes, e.g. supplementary information regarding a different program or for signing up to receive our newsletter or e-mail promotions, we may request consent if necessary.
Consent may be in writing or verbal, but we must be able to document that consent has been given. In most cases, this consent will take the form of a check box on our website or during the enrolment process, when our IT systems will record the time and form. Consent may also be given via email or other digital communications.
When giving consent, you will be informed about the details, including the purpose and the retraction process.
We ensure that any data is stored safely and discreetly.
The organisational security measures mean that only ASSE Danmark’s trusted persons with a relevant professional purpose have access to your personal information. This is in connection with course enrolments, course administration, invoicing and communication. In addition, our teachers have limited access to your personal information. This is only information that is relevant for conducting the course (See point 6 above).
Our staff are guided and instructed about data security on an ongoing basis. This includes how to handle and protect information.
The technical security measures are linked to our use of IT systems for the registration and administration of participant data. Our data is securely located and has the required level of protection. All communication (for example, enrolments and payment) that occurs on our website is protected by authenticated security certificates with a 256-bit encryption key. A backup of the data is performed on a daily basis.
Assedanmark.dk is owned and operated by ASSE International, Inc. Any complaints about the way in which ASSE processes personal data, objections or questions concerning the Personal Data Policy should be addressed to the Data Manager:
ASSE International, Inc.
228 North Coast Highway
Laguna Beach, CA 92651 USA
Tel.: +1 949 494 4100